March has show an increase of the number of homes sold by Realtors in the Greater Fort Myers area.
There were 11.2 percent more homes sold in March 2010 if compared with March 2009.
Realtors of Lee county have sold 1474 homes in March compared with 1326 in March 2009.
Single family pending homes rose by 22.3 percent month-to-month. However, the pending number is almost the same from March 2009 with 2063 for March 2010 and 2019 for March 2009.
As for the median price, it is at $90,000 for March 2010, 7.2% more than March 2009 and 5.9% from February 2010.
The record number of existing home sales in March is indicative of the continued demand for homes in Southwest Florida due to affordability and low interest rates. Buyers still tying to take advantage of the tax credit before the April 30 deadline need to act now as available inventories are rapidly being depleted and as a result, the median price rose $5,000 in the past 30 days.
There are currently 11,147 properties currently listed in the MLS, a number that is 4,138 (27.1%) less than in March of last year.
Of these, 6,889 are single family homes, which is 28.7% lower than in March 2009, when 9,666 single family homes were in inventory.
The median price encompasses three types of properties: traditional, short sales and foreclosures. At the end of the first quarter of 2010, the median price for traditional properties rose $5,000 from $135,000 to $140,000; for foreclosure properties, the median price dropped $2,900 to $67,000; however, the median price for short sale properties dropped 10.5% to $85,000 from $94,950 in the prior quarter.
Of the existing home sales in March, traditional sales accounted for $38.8% of all sales, while foreclosures were 44.4% and short sale made up 16.8%.
This do not necessarely include sale made without a Realtor, like the “for sale by owner”.
Incoming search terms:
- lee county inventory of homes sold (2)
- 2011 average price of homes sold in lee county florida (1)
- lee county florida median home price 2011 (1)
- lee county florida median sale of existing house (1)
- LEE COUNTY FLORIDA REAL ESTATE INVENTORY (1)
- Lee County median home price (1)
- lee county median home prices april 2012 (1)
- lee county median home values (1)
- lee county single family home sales for 2010 (1)
- median home price in lee county florida 2011 (1)
- median home prices lee county fl 2012 (1)
- median home value lee county florida 2012 (1)
- median price homes in lee county florida 2011 (1)
- median price of single family home in cape coral (1)
- number of homes purchased in lee county fl december 2010 (1)
- lee county florida march 2012 median home price (1)
- lee county florida june 2011 existing home sales (1)
- lee county FL median home prices (1)
- cape coral home sales march 2011 (1)
- Cape coral homes for sale $90 000 or less (1)
- cape coral inventory of homes being depleted (1)
- cape coral statistics on single family homes inventory for 2012 (1)
- December 2010 existing home sales in lee county fl (1)
- february 2011 lee county fl homes sold (1)
- flee county median home price (1)
- histoical number of single family homes sold in cape coral (1)
- home prices lee county florida 2012 (1)
- how many existing home sales in cape coral march 2011 (1)
- how many homes sold in lee county fl january 2011 (1)
- how many homes were sold in lee county florida 2009 2010 2011 2012 (1)
- Lee County Fl average price of sold homes in 2010 (1)
- lee county fl home sales up march 2011 (1)
- where to find how many homes sold in lee county fl in april 2012 (1)
Comments (0) Apr 24 2010